[letters] Day 2 - letter to your crush
Jul. 28th, 2010 05:40 pmDarling Jen,
I write this letter without ever knowing if you’ll one day have the change of heart needed to see it, but write it I shall because life, even for the immortal fey, is so volatile and uncertain.
I look on you, my darling...a woman of power in more ways than one...and there’s not a single time I can do so without losing my breath and all my will. Human you may be, but your beauty is that of my people, ethereal and flawless. I live in a world where I don’t truly belong anywhere but in the arms of nature, a society that won’t have me and a people who find me repulsive. I’d made my peace with that, however. Truly, I was content with my own love of self, the miracles of my work, and the blessings Gaia had bestowed on me. My life was, if a wee bit lonesome, a full and hearty one.
Then I met you, the girl with faerie grace and human heart, and I knew I was wrong.
There’s a fire in you, Jennifer, one that has nothing to do with the spark you hold sway over. You’ve passion, dreams, and temper for a nation, and you sometimes make me a bit sad the way you cage yourself. Everything just so, no hair out of place...on the nights when I’m away from your bed, I think on you in my arms, forgetting that neat, orderly life in favor of the wild nymph I’ve seen you become. ‘Tis a shame I don’t feel like sharing the glory of you when you come, darlin’, for I’ve no greater wish than to paint or sculpt you that way.
Your life is shorter than mine, but my life is less certain than yours. Should I go before you, I’d like you to know how close I am to being absolutely in love with you in this instant, Jennifer Larson. And, should I endure...should we remain in each other’s lives and hearts, I hope one day to show you this snapshot in time when I thought on you and imagined a world that could not continue without you in it.
One way or another, my darling spitfire, this letter shall mark the day when you learn how powerful you are, for your gentle human nature has bewitched the heart and soul of a Stone Speaker.
Yours always,
-Seamus
((Complete list here.))
I write this letter without ever knowing if you’ll one day have the change of heart needed to see it, but write it I shall because life, even for the immortal fey, is so volatile and uncertain.
I look on you, my darling...a woman of power in more ways than one...and there’s not a single time I can do so without losing my breath and all my will. Human you may be, but your beauty is that of my people, ethereal and flawless. I live in a world where I don’t truly belong anywhere but in the arms of nature, a society that won’t have me and a people who find me repulsive. I’d made my peace with that, however. Truly, I was content with my own love of self, the miracles of my work, and the blessings Gaia had bestowed on me. My life was, if a wee bit lonesome, a full and hearty one.
Then I met you, the girl with faerie grace and human heart, and I knew I was wrong.
There’s a fire in you, Jennifer, one that has nothing to do with the spark you hold sway over. You’ve passion, dreams, and temper for a nation, and you sometimes make me a bit sad the way you cage yourself. Everything just so, no hair out of place...on the nights when I’m away from your bed, I think on you in my arms, forgetting that neat, orderly life in favor of the wild nymph I’ve seen you become. ‘Tis a shame I don’t feel like sharing the glory of you when you come, darlin’, for I’ve no greater wish than to paint or sculpt you that way.
Your life is shorter than mine, but my life is less certain than yours. Should I go before you, I’d like you to know how close I am to being absolutely in love with you in this instant, Jennifer Larson. And, should I endure...should we remain in each other’s lives and hearts, I hope one day to show you this snapshot in time when I thought on you and imagined a world that could not continue without you in it.
One way or another, my darling spitfire, this letter shall mark the day when you learn how powerful you are, for your gentle human nature has bewitched the heart and soul of a Stone Speaker.
Yours always,
-Seamus
((Complete list here.))